Dental crowns are a tooth-shaped ‘cap’ or ‘cover’ that is generally placed over the top of a damaged tooth to restore its shape, size, strength and appearance. Dental crowns encase the visible section of a tooth above the gum line.
North Sydney dentists may suggest crowns as an option when you have a broken or decayed tooth and too much of the original tooth is missing/broken. While fillings are often an option in these circumstances, a crown may be necessary when a significant amount of the tooth is damaged.
There are several reasons why your dentist Neutral Bay may recommend that you get a dental crown. These benefits include:
- Protecting your tooth (which is essential to ensure no further damage to your teeth)
- Covering your tooth (which can help to improve aesthetics and appearance of your smile)
- Restoring the shape of your tooth (which may assist with eating).
How do dental crowns work?
In the past, the production of dental crowns could take two appointments to your dentist, and they would need to be around 2-3 weeks apart. Thankfully, dental technology has vastly improved meaning you can get the dental treatment you need quicker than ever before.
At the Dental Sanctuary, we are proud to provide same day crowns to our patients. We understand your time is valuable (and spare time is often hard to come by) which is why we offer high-quality CEREC crowns that can be completed in just one day.
CEREC is innovative computer technology that can create highly aesthetic, tooth-coloured restorations in just a single visit to your dentist near me. Here’s a breakdown of the steps involved.
- Your dentist will prepare your tooth so there is room for the dental crown to be placed.
- A digital CEREC scanner will take a virtual scan of your teeth. Using this scan, a crown will be custom designed to perfectly fit and conform to your tooth, in harmony with your bite and smile.
- Once your dentist is satisfied that the ideal crown has been designed, they will select the material and shade for your crown and the CEREC milling unit will build the crown from scratch.
- After your crown has been milled, your dentist Neutral Bay will place, bond and polish the crown in your mouth. Easy!
At the Dental Sanctuary, our dentists will be there for every step of the process to ensure you’re comfortable and understand everything taking place. Our priority is patient satisfaction, so if there’s anything we can do to make your same day crown visit more comfortable, just let us know.
If you are interested to learn more about same day crowns or other services offered by the Dental Sanctuary, you can get in touch with our clinic and speak to our friendly dental team directly at (02) 9100 0332. Our team also offers a wide range of other dental services, including Neutral Bay teeth whitening, Invisalign North Sydney and dental surgery Neutral Bay.
We look forward to hearing from you!